In response to the recent power outage incident in Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur, WORQ, a leading coworking and flex space provider in Malaysia, is offering free access to its coworking spaces to support affected businesses. The initiative aims to alleviate the strain caused by the power outage and provide an alternative office space for companies in need.
Under the WORQ Power Outage Relief Programme, companies impacted by the power outage can avail themselves of a complimentary day pass at three WORQ coworking locations: WORQ TTDI in Glo Damansara, WORQ Bangsar South at KL Gateway Mall, and WORQ Subang at UOA Business Park. Each affected company can choose the most suitable WORQ coworking space and accommodate up to three employees at the selected location.
Companies and individuals with offices in the affected areas are eligible for a free day of Hot Desk access at any of the three participating coworking locations. To facilitate the process, employees can simply present their business cards as proof of working in the affected area.
Details of the WORQ Power Outage Relief Programme:
- Free day passes are available from 9 am to 6 pm at WORQ TTDI in Glo Damansara, WORQ Bangsar South at KL Gateway Mall, and WORQ Subang at UOA Business Park.
- Passes will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Affected individuals and businesses can show their business cards as proof of working in the affected area.
- Space availability is subject to each outlet's capacity.
- Each company is limited to a maximum of three employees to ensure support is provided to as many businesses as possible.
- The programme is valid until Friday, 19 May 2023, from 9 am to 6 pm.
WORQ has witnessed strong demand from the Malaysian business community and is on track to double its managed space from 98,000 sq ft to 200,000 sq ft by the end of 2023. With a Space-As-A-Service model, WORQ aims to democratize access to real estate by providing Google-like offices everywhere. Since its inception, WORQ has received nine awards, including the prestigious TechNode Global ORIGIN Innovation Awards for Best Community Builder.
Renowned individuals, such as King Charles III and Kamala Ladhir, the Executive Secretary of the U.S. Department of State, have visited WORQ's community-centred spaces. These spaces serve as meeting points for workers and businesses, fostering a robust community that attracts high-profile visitors.
With the WORQ Power Outage Relief Programme, WORQ continues to pursue its vision of helping people prosper by working together.